We are proud to present to you this enormous 4-storey very distinctive townhouse, in one of the best spots within residential area Archipel. The house rises up against the street’s hill “the High Banka”. This incredibly spacious listed building (of approx. 350 m2) boasts a wonderfully deep sunny southwest-facing back garden (over 20 metres deep), a large garage - with space for two cars - at the back of the house, and ample storage space.
This unique property is an example of eclectic architecture. The current owner lived in it and lovingly cared for it for over 50 years. It really is well worth a visit!
Useful information about Bankastraat 108:
- 347 m2 surface area, measured in accordance with the UBMI 2580 measurement standard;
- A volume of approx. 1275 m3;
- Plot of 366 m2;
- Huge garage;
- Listed building;
- Nationally designated conservation area;
- High ceilings;
- In a perfect location, close to the shops and restaurants on Bankastraat;
- In a central location close to exit roads and The Hague’s city centre;
- Ample storage space;
- Solar panels;
- Wood window frames, partly double glazed;
- 2 central heating boilers. One on the 4th floor: an Atag HR combi boiler dating from 2000. In the garden shed is the second: a Junkers boiler;
- 3 fuse boxes for the electricity;
- Alarm system present;
- Video door phone system present;
- The underground oil tank is filled with sand, a KIWA certificate was issued on 19 August 1998;
- Electric awning at the rear on the ground floor;
- Construction year 1893;
- Structural survey available;
- Energy Performance Grade G;
- Take a look at our short film about the neighbourhood;
- Terms of sale apply;
- The sales contract will be drawn up in accordance with the Dutch Association of Real Estate Brokers and Immovable Property Experts (NVM);
- Given the property’s construction date, an age and asbestos clause will be included in the sales contract.
Entering this majestic home you step into the reception hall with two locked doors. One leads to the raised ground floor and the basement; the other one leads up to the upstairs residential floors 3 and 4.
Large garden room with French doors that open into the sunny back garden. The deep southwest-facing garden is an asset to the house.
There’s an enormous garage at the back of the garden, which is big enough for two cars and for endless storage possibilities as well. The garage is accessed via the driveway to the rear and is closed off by a steel overhead door.
Next, back into the house to the enormous kitchen diner to the front of the basement, featuring kitchen units in an U-shaped layout, which include a 5-burner gas hob with a cooker hood and an oven.
Good sized storeroom to the front.
There’s a cupboard in the hall, a tiled toilet with a hand basin and a new modern shower room with a walk-in shower, a sink, a heated towel rail and underfloor heating, and another tiled shower room with a washing machine connection.
Extra storage space and the second central heating boiler are in the garden shed.
Raised ground floor
The raised ground floor features a large front room with wall-to-wall cupboards and a very deep, L-shaped living room with a rear balcony. From this room you can enjoy the panoramic view overlooking the deep and lovely green back garden. Both rooms feature wood flooring. There’s another room between the back room and the corridor.
Tiled toilet with a hand basin.
Large bedroom with a stunning decorated ceiling, marble mantelpiece and two built-in cupboards. The wall between this room and the front room to the side was knocked through, making them into one. The former room to the side features wall-to-wall cupboards. Rear bedroom with 4 built-in cupboards.
Laundry room with a utility room to the rear and French doors leading out to the large sunny southwest-facing balcony.
Tiled shower and toilet with a hand basin.
Landing. The spacious attic room can easily be turned into two separate rooms. Front room to the side with a built-in cupboard and a laundry room/shower room with a shower, a sink and a utility room.
Tiled toilet with a hand basin and the central heating boiler.
A loft ladder takes you up to the boarded loft.
If you are interested in this property, please contact your own NVM estate agent. Your NVM estate agent acts on your behalf and will save you time, money and concerns.
Contact details of NVM estate agents in The Hague area are listed on Funda.
Municipality of The Hague, section P, number 5504.
TRANSFER: by mutual agreement
Read full description