*This property is listed by an MVA Certified Expat Broker*
Wonderfully bright apartment with 2 bedrooms and a lovely balcony on a surprisingly beautiful street in sought-after Indische Buurt district in Amsterdam Oost borough.
This sunny home on the third floor of a fabulous building is full of POTENTIAL: the 17sqm-attic storage room directly above the home can be incorporated into the apartment, increasing the total floor area to approximately 72sqm. The HOA has approved construction of a 13sqm-ROOF DECK. The permits for this have already been applied for.
The apartment is in a central location in the older, vibrant area of Oost, where many streets have already been modernized. The area is well-known for its wide range of hotspots, including: LouisLouis, De Biertuin, Walter's, Wilde Zwijnen, Studio K, Drovers Dog and Het Pompstation. The location is home to a broad selection of shops, is around the corner from Javastraat and within walking distance of Dappermarkt. Excellent location relative to both Oosterpark and Flevopark.
Oostpoort is within 5 minutes' cycling distance. Connectivity by public transportation is excellent (several nearby tram stops and within walking distance of Muiderpoort NS train station) and close-by main roads to the A10 beltway (exits s113 and s114).
The bright communal entrance and stairwell leads to the hall of the apartment on the third floor.
At the rear of the apartment is the living room, adjacent to the semi-open plan kitchen. This welcoming room features oak flooring, smooth wall finishes, a built-in closet and the original fireplace mantel. French doors from the room and the kitchen open to the lovely balcony. Due to its south-facing orientation, the balcony is extremely sunny and offers a beautiful view of the leafy surroundings.
The largest bedroom is at the front and has French doors to a tea-for-two balcony. The room can easily fit a double bed and wardrobe. Adjacent to the living room is a smaller room, currently used as a children's bedroom. This room also accesses the balcony. The central bathroom is fitted with a shower, sink and toilet.
The top floor currently features a convenient storage unit with a large window, central heating, electrics and the fittings for the laundry machine and dryer. This room is currently used as a study, guestroom and laundry room.
Although the room presently spans ca 11sqm, the fact that the HOA has approved a new layout for the attic and has recorded this in the amended division deed means that the space can be extended to ca 17sqm.
The new owners could opt to connect the two adjacent storage units, construct a roof deck and subsequently, in accordance with the pending planning permission application (available via Real Estate Agent), install stairs to connect to the apartment.
- Lovely home with a balcony and 2 bedrooms.
- Floor area ca 55sqm on the third floor and 17.23sqm on the fourth floor.
- The building was divided into apartment rights in 2006. The deed of property division was revised in 2019; changes included the appropriation of a part of the communal space on the fourth floor to the apartments; this would allow for extension of the current storage unit to ca 17.23sqm
- Part of a sound HOA, 'Banka 44-50', with a maintenance reserve and long-term maintenance plan in place
- Monthly service charges of € 96.45. HOA administration has been outsourced to a professional agency.
- Double glazing, modern technical systems and mostly oak flooring.
- Ground lease settled until 2056. Conversion to eternal ground lease is currently offered under favorable conditions.
- Documentation, including the planning permission application, available via the real estate agent.
- Delivery upon mutual agreement.
Read full description