Robust, modern, detached villa in a historic location in Trompenberg villa district.
Daylight streams into the living area through magnificent 5-meter tall windows in this recently built, robust, detached villa. The central dining and living areas form the heart of the house, and two upper-level open galleries establish a direct connection between the levels, creating a home that is both grand and intimate.
Its generous dimensions, five bedrooms, two bathrooms, separate study and the television room make this a perfect family home. The spacious pantry, bicycle storage and a garage that will make any car lover's heart skip a beat are in the extension.
The villa was built in 2018 in a historic location in Trompenberg villa district and was nominated for the Hilversum Architectural Award in 2019. Monumental trees on the historic lane defined the framework within which construction could take place, and the centrally positioned monumental beech tree is the focal point for the villa. The result is a robust, timeless and modern villa. The design has sought to connect back to the architecture that is characteristic of Hilversum; large roof areas, a prominent chimney and masonry of which the color is reminiscent of Hilversum's iconic Dudok brick.
The house was built using only high-quality materials. All levels are fitted with mineral cast flooring with underfloor heating, all walls feature smooth finishes and the home features consistent use of oak finishes in the staircase, kitchen and vanities in the bathrooms.
The villa is situated in Trompenberg villa district (protected city and townscape) with meandering lanes lined with tall trees, park-like squares and stately villas dating back to the early 20th century. This is an excellent area for families, close to daycare centers, schools, sports fields, tennis clubs, the NS train station, Hilversum's bustling city center and directly bordering on Spanderswoud woods.
The garden design was created and implemented by a landscape architect. Circular shapes form a constrat with the villa's robust silhouette. The driveway, with a guest parking space near the street leads along the villa to the spacious 3-car garage. The monumental line of trees flanks the house and filters the sunlight. Several sunny terraces offer delightful spots to enjoy the birdsong, squirrels and the silence.
- Commanding entrance with an open gallery and unobstructed view all the way to the roof ridge. Coat area, restroom and door to the spacious study
- High steel doors to the central living area with 5-meter tall windows, large sliding doors to the sun patio and open connection to the family room with a gas-burning fireplace, television room and kitchen/lounge
- Contemporary custom kitchen made of solid oak and fitted with luxury appliances
- Large pantry with the central heating unit, ventilation unit, back door and passageway to the bicycle storage
- Garage with an impressive 7-meter wide door and parking space for 3 cars
- Landing and separate wing with the master bedroom, walk-in closet, restroom and luxury bathroom with a walk-in shower, toilet and vanity
- 2nd bedroom
- 3rd bedroom
- 2nd luxury bathroom with a bathtub walk-in shower, toilet and vanity
- Landing with a laundry room and storage under the slanted roof
- 4th and 5th spacious bedrooms with a ridge height of approximately 4 meters
The stunning location, space, layout, light and contemporary style make this villa a truly wonderful place to call home.
- Robust luxury villa built in 2017
- Exceptional daylight entry due to 2 open galleries and tall windows
- Floor area 308sqm
- Professionally landscaped garden, plot size 2.295m2
- 5 spacious bedrooms and 2 luxury bathrooms
- Excellent insulation, sustainable build, energy label A
- Solar panels on flat roof garage
- High quality finishes on all floors
- Large pantry and connection to bicycle storage
- Large 3-car garage (53sqm)
- Alarm system
- Unique location in a historic location in Trompenberg villa district (protected city and townscape)
Read full description