Very light and well-maintained upstairs three-bedroom apartment and separate guest accommodation. With sunny balcony and lovely roof terrace and favourably located in a quiet side street of the cosy Maasstraat.
The apartment features a modern, open-plan kitchen, two smart bathrooms, wooden flooring, double glazing in wooden window frames; the total usable floor surface is approx. 112m˛ excl. 34m˛ outdoor area.
The property is sited at a popular location in the Rivierenbuurt, a spaciously laid out neighbourhood with lots of greenery, designed according to the Berlages Plan Zuid. Biesboschstraat is a quiet and wide side street off the charming Maasstraat, a street where you’ll find great shops and some attractive cafés and small restaurants. It’s round the corner from Merwedeplein and not far from several parks (Beatrixpark, Amstelpark and Sarphatipark). The Rivierenbuurt is conveniently situated in Amsterdam Zuid; within five minutes walking distance of the bustling De Pijp district and within three minutes cycling distance of the railway stations, Rai and Amstel, and near Zuidas. It’s also a perfect location for accessing the Ring Road A10 and the A2 motorway. Near the future hotspots in Amstelkwartier, the new metro station Europaplein with good connections to Schiphol Airport and the city centre, and to several tram and bus connections.
The spacious hallway leading from the entrance door on the first floor is shared with one other property. On the third floor the apartment entrance opens into a hallway which connects all the different rooms. The living room has a seating area at the front, with bay window and, at the rear, is a dining room with French doors opening onto a south-facing balcony which runs the full width of the property. The modern, open-plan Siematic kitchen is equipped with an island, with natural stone counter top, an abundance of cabinet space and various built-in appliances.
The first bedroom at the front is of a good size and there’s currently an open connection with the living room thanks to a set of dividing doors. This room features built-in wardrobes and has, like the rest of the house, light, oak flooring.
The second bedroom, with French doors onto an adjacent balcony, is at the rear and in the centre of the floor plan there is a sleek bathroom with walk-in shower and separate toilet.
A beautiful, bespoke flight of stairs leads from the living room to the large master bedroom which, with its open, beamed roof space (ridge height approx. 4.40 metres) and Velux skylights, is very atmospheric and charming. This room has a wall-to-wall wardrobe and is big enough for a small area of seating or a work space.
The well-maintained guest accommodation is accessible through a door in the master bedroom; it also has its own private entrance from the shared hallway. The accommodation features a bedroom, an ensuite bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin and is ideal for use as a guest room or study room, but could also be used as a room for an adolescent, a nanny or nephew/niece. Next to this room is a further room with connections for a washing machine and dryer.
The roof terrace can be reached from the property via an easy-to-climb fixed flight of stairs and a hatch. The terrace is wonderfully sunny, offers lovely views, was built under licence and has electricity and water supplies.
• Good property, with great layout and much outdoor space.
• South-facing balcony and lovely roof terrace with plenty of sun, sweeping views and equipped with water and electricity supplies.
• Three bedrooms and guest accommodation with private bathroom.
• Double glazing, oak flooring throughout, and several built-in wardrobes and modern installations.
• There have been discussions with the owner of the second floor about renovating the staircase but as yet no decisions have been made and no contributions requested.
• Homeowners Association with four members and a capital reserve. Plans have been made to paint the exterior of the house. It is anticipated that this can be paid from the capital reserve.
• Service costs amount to € 95 per month, with a planned increase to € 110 per month.
• The property is on leasehold land, with a long lease costing approx. € 1,281 per year (tax deductible for owner/occupant.) The current lease period runs until 2053. There are options available to buy off the perpetual lease under favourable conditions, or to fix the ground lease costs after 2053.
• Speedy delivery possible.
Read full description