Brouwersgracht 194 C, 1013 HC Amsterdam
Tasteful, well laid-out, two-storey residence on the upper floors with a total floor area of approximately 87 m2. The residence is located on the Brouwersgracht in one of the former warehouses.
The residence is located on the Brouwersgracht on the edge of the Jordaan close to the Keizersgracht and the Prinsengracht. The location is surrounded by numerous lovely, welcoming boutiques, restaurants and cafés and within walking distance of the popular Noorder, Wester- and Lindengracht markets, as well as the Haarlemmerdijk. The location is easily accessible by both public transport (trams, buses and trains) as well as private vehicles (A10 ring road, exit S 103 or S114). There is also a Noord Zuidlijn metro station within walking distance.
The row of warehouses is very characteristic for the Brouwersgracht. The warehouses all have their own names. On the canal, they are called, in sequence, the Koning David, the David, the Groene Valk, the Grauwe Valk and the Appel. The warehouses in this row were built around 1636. You should pay particular attention to the beautiful shutters on these properties. These were used to regulate the amount of light in the warehouses. Some spices could only be kept in specific interior climatic conditions. The large shutters could also be opened up completely which made bringing in the goods easier.
The Brouwersgracht is one of the most well known canals in Amsterdam. The properties were predominantly built in during the Golden Age. The unique character of the canal led the readers of the het Parool newspaper to choose the Brouwersgracht as the most beautiful street in Amsterdam in 2007.
The Brouwersgracht lies in the northwest section of the Amsterdam city centre and connects Singel to the Singelgracht. The canal forms the northern border of the Jordaan between the Prinsengracht and the Singelgracht. The canal owes its name to the many (beer) breweries that could be found in the neighbourhood in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. This led to the construction of many warehouses. The warehouses were later converted into residences.
The residence is situated at the rear of the complex. You reach the residence though the communal entrance. There is a spacious hallway with a separate toilet. A very spacious living room has a fireplace with an open fire. The open kitchen adjoins this room and its equipped with various built-in appliances.
The internal staircase will take you to the third floor where the two bedrooms are situated. The bedrooms are situated on the floor under the roof, which therefore means that there is a possibility of creating further storage space or an attic. The bedroom at the front of the building has an attic which the current residents use as a bedroom. There are various built-in cupboards in the sloping walls. The bathroom is situated between the two bedrooms and is fitted with a bath with shower, a sink unit, toilet and washing machine connection.
Fourth floor (attic):
The ‘third’ bedroom is on this floor.
There is a decent amount of storage in the basement.
- Apartment right of approx. 87 m2 (NEN2580 measurement report available)
- Storage of 5 m2 located in the basement
- Freehold – which means no ground rent
- Listed Building
- Asbestos clause applicable
- Healthy and active Association of Owners
- Association of Owners professionally managed by VVE NL B.V.
- Monthly service costs amount to € 187
- Monthly advance on heating costs amounts to € 118
- The residence is in a quiet location at the rear of the complex
- The living room has massive original beams, which are characteristic of the warehouse
- The kitchen is fitted with high built-in cabinets and offers a lot of storage space
- Skylight in the bathroom provides a lot of light
- Foundations repaired in 2015 /beginning of 2016, at the time the storage area and complete hallway were also renovated
- The rear façade of the property was completely restored at the end of 2017 / beginning of 2018. The entire rear façade was fitted with new windows and double glazing
- Small external space in the vestibule of the residence
- Completion in consultation.
We have gathered this information with the greatest of possible care. However, we will not accept any liability for any incompleteness, inaccuracy or any other matter nor for the consequences of such. All measurements and surfaces stated are indicative. The purchaser has a duty to investigate any matter that may be of importance to him or her. The estate agent is the adviser to the seller with regard to this residence. We advise you to engage an expert (NVM registered) estate agent who will guide you through the purchasing process. Should you have any specific desires with regard to the residence, we advise you to make these known as soon as possible to your purchasing estate agent and have an independent investigation carried out into such matters. If you do not engage an expert, you will be deemed as considering yourself to be sufficiently expert to be able to oversee all matters that could be important. The NVM terms and conditions are applicable.
Read full description