Singular street-level duplex with an amazing garden!
Beautiful and bright street-level duplex spanning ca. 206 sqm (total usable floor area 224 sqm) with one of Concertgebouw District's best gardens.
The property has a unique atmosphere and personality with an exceptionally large and bright living room and five bedrooms.
Private entrance and foyer. The hall features granite flooring and an amazing ceiling height of 3.35 meters. The restroom is off the hall. The 4-meter wide living room spans the full length of the house and is divided into a dining room and family room. The family room is slightly raised, allowing for a more unobstructed view of the adjacent room, garden and street.
The dining room, facing the garden, features sliding doors to the garden. Daylight streams in through the glass roof. The kitchen can be accessed both from the living room and the hall and features beautiful granite flooring. The spacious kitchen is basic and can be knocked through to the dining room. Adjacent to the kitchen is a wonderful study/ conservatory. Large windows look out over the stunning garden.
The nearly 16-meter long and well-maintained garden faces southwest. A sunny and secluded haven. The municipality has confirmed that a garden house of ca. 40 sqm can be built here without planning permission.
The first floor accommodates 4 bedrooms and a spacious bathroom. The restroom is off the landing.
The layout includes a master bedroom and a second spacious bedroom that both overlook the garden. Another large bedroom and a smaller side room face the street. The dimensions of the side room are sufficient to allow for use as a children's bedroom.
The bathroom is dated, but its size easily allows for conversion into two separate bathrooms. Please see the alternative floorplan.
There is a basement under the front of the house which includes an entrance, wine cellar/storage area and the fifth bedroom. Ideal for use as a guestroom, nanny quarters or playroom.
There are no immediate neighbors to the left of the house, due to which the house is extra quiet.
Situated in a beautiful location in Concertgebouw District.
On a quiet stretch of Jacob Obrechtstraat close-by De Lairessestraat. Jacob Obrechtplein square hosts a farmer's market on Saturdays. A wonderful home, offering unobstructed views of the leafy surroundings from both the front and rear, and optimum privacy.
Stops for public transportation are nearby on De Lairessestraat and Museumplein. WIthin walking distance of Vondelpark, Concertgebouw and world-famous museums such as Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and Stedelijk Museum.
Excellent restaurants and bistros can be found within walking distance, as are the boutiques on Cornelis Schuytstraat, Van Baerlestraat and Beethovenstraat.
This is an extremely sought-after part of Amsterdam Zuid due to its excellent accessibility, tranquility and proximity to the busier parts of the city.
• Usable residential floor area ca. 206 sqm (total 224 sqm)
• One of the city's best gardens spanning a length of ca. 16 m facing southwest
• The positioning of the house ensures optimum privacy
• No immediate neighbors (detached) to the left
• Countless original period details, tall ceilings
• Well-laid out and practical floorplan
• Freehold property
• Option to build a townhouse and/or add an extension up to ca. 40 sqm without planning permission
• This information was drafted with the utmost care. However, we are not liable for any unintended omission or inaccuracy, etcetera nor any consequences related thereto. All measurements and sizes are indicative only.
• The Measurement Code is based on NEN2580 standards. The Measurement Code is intended to ensure a more universal survey method for indicating total net internal area (usable floor area). The Measurement Code cannot fully preclude discrepancies between individual surveys, due to e.g. differences regarding interpretation, rounding and restrictions to conducting measurement surveys.
Read full description