Malakkastraat 59, The Hague
Distinctive 4-storey townhouse with deep, sunny garden in the coveted ARCHIPEL neighbourhood, within walking distance of local amenities and public transport. The city centre and seaside are both just a short bike ride away, and motorways are within easy reach. This classic home features authentic architectural elements including the staircase, crockery cupboard, paneled doors, mantels, and decorative plaster ceilings.
Entry; marble vestibule with anti-draught door; hallway; guest lavatory with washbasin; front room with wood plank floors. The large, light eat-in kitchen that runs the entire width of the house, is equipped with a period crockery cupboard, granite floor and countertop, 5-burner (Smeg) oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, and separate boiler and has double doors to a lovely, 10metre deep northwest-facing back garden with shed. A lower level storage area (ca. 4m2 and 1.80 m high) is accessible via the kitchen.
Quarter-turn stairways with built-in storage cupboards lead to the upper floors.
1st floor: landing, 2 rooms with original floorboards and ceilings, fireplace, and Juliette balcony.
2nd floor: spacious back room; front room with big fitted wardrobe, marble mantel, and original ceiling.
On the central landing between the 2nd and 3rd floors are a shower + w.c. and the cupboard housing the central heating unit.
3rd floor: light landing; front room with dormer; spacious bathroom with bath, double washbasin, w.c., dormer, built-in storage, and Velux window.
Facts and figures:
- Gross usable space ca. 210 m2 (living space ca. 170m2 due to large U-shaped staircase with central landings)
- Volume ca. 600 m3
- Plot size 108 m2
- KIWA certificate stating that oil tank has been removed
- Wiring: 12 electrical circuits and earth leakage switch
- Remeha combination central heating unit (ca. 2009)
- Front and back facades recently repointed
- Designated protected cityscape
- Given the age of the property, older construction and materials disclaimers will be included in the purchase agreement
- Availability by mutual agreement
Read full description