Albert Luthulistraat 1 A, 1091 NP Amsterdam
A unique ground and first-floor corner property of approx. 117 m2, with a back garden of approx. 12 m2 and two balconies, located near the 17th century ring dike!
Location and accessibility:
The property is just around the corner from the Oosterpark, the Weesperzijde, the Linnaeusstraat and the Oostpoort shopping centre. The heart of the city is 10 minutes away by bike and the A10 ring road East is a drive of no more than several minutes. The property is located in the ever-changing Transvaalbuurt in hot & happening Amsterdam Oost; it is around the corner from Michel-Inn and Eddy Spaghetti and close to the Beukenplein and various cafés, bars and restaurants, including Maxwell, La Cerveceria and Bar Bukowski. The property is served by a number of supermarkets in the Transvaalbuurt, including Albert Heijn, Marqt, Dirk and Lidl. The property is also very conveniently situated for public transport; both Amsterdam Amstel train station and the Wibautstraat metro station are a short walk of five minutes away.
A spacious hall gives access to all of the rooms on this floor, including a separate toilet and a bathroom with a bath, shower and wash basin. There are three very large bedrooms on this floor; the master bedroom has French doors that lead out into the property's garden.
The first floor is reached via a set of stairs. This beautiful, open space has great views of the square. The property’s open-plan kitchen has a central island and a big wall unit containing a wide range of built-in appliances. There is a balcony at both the front and rear of the property on this floor.
Albert John Luthuli (1898-1967), a South African and the former President of the African National Congress (ANC); he was the main spokesman for non-violent resistance to apartheid until the late 1950s. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace in 1960.
- Apartment right approx. 117 m² (NEN 2580 measurements report available)
- Located in a distinctive building, designed by the Amsterdam architect and urban planner Hendrik Petrus Berlage (1856-1934)
- Renovated to a high standard in 2015
- An unobstructed view of the square
- Fitted with underfloor heating and floor insulation. Comfortable temperatures inside in both the summer and winter months
- Energy label C; this will be upgraded to B once the balcony cupboard has been insulated. Energy label available
- Three good-sized bedrooms
- A healthy and active owners’ association
- The monthly service charges are € 171.20
- A leasehold property; the ground rent has been bought out until 2058 (application submitted to buy out the ground rent in perpetuity. The buy-out will cost of a one-off amount of approx. € 11,736
- Delivery date in consultation; available in the short term
We have gathered this information with the greatest of possible care. However, we will not accept any liability for any incompleteness, inaccuracy or any other matter nor for the consequences of such. All measurements and surfaces stated are indicative. The purchaser has a duty to investigate any matter that may be of importance to him or her. The estate agent is the adviser to the seller with regard to this residence. We advise you to engage an (NVM-registered) expert estate agent who will guide you through the purchasing process. Should you have any specific desires with regard to the residence, we advise you to make these known as soon as possible to your purchasing estate agent and have an independent investigation carried out into such matters. If you do not engage an expert, you will be deemed as considering yourself to be sufficiently expert to be able to oversee all matters that could be important. The NVM terms and conditions are applicable.
Read full description