Exceptionally spacious (ca. 183m2) four-room corner apartment on the first floor of the imposing “Zorgvliet” complex in the prestigious Duinoord neighbourhood in the heart of The Hague’s Embassy district.
The Zorgvliet complex, a former residential hotel dating from 1926 and housing 53 apartments of varying sizes, was designed in the “New Hague School” style and awarded designated national monument status (which confers certain taxation benefits and subsidy possibilities) in 1994. The impressive architecture of the building, the communal garden, and the ideal location near excellent shopping, cultural activities, and the seaside make “Zorgvliet” a perennial favourite.
Among the many extras this outstanding property offers are easy access to public transportation and major motorways, a reserved off-street parking place, a communal bicycle room, and a private storage unit.
The flat is accessible via both stairs and lift from the main lobby as well as an entrance to the left wing from the parking area.
Past the front door is a wide hallway with coat storage and a guest lavatory. On the left is the enormous eat-in kitchen, outfitted with an L-shaped counter, double sink, Miele dishwasher, and oven with a 4-burner cooktop. Off the passageway is a large central hall with a door to a good-sized utility room adjacent to the kitchen. The same hall has double doors inset with glass panes leading to the Z-shaped living/dining room with windows on 2 sides and a sliding patio door to a balcony. Next to the living area is a big study/bedroom with 2 fitted wardrobes, also with access to the same wide balcony. The generously proportioned adjacent master bedroom is situated on a corner and features windows on 2 sides; a third bedroom faces the Alexander Gogelweg. The bedrooms share a bathroom with bath, shower, double vanity, and heated towel rail, and a separate wc.
There is an additional a private storage unit on the 3rd floor of the building.
FACTS, FIGURES, AND FEATURES:
- Interior space ca. 183m2
- Designated National Monument status
- Off-street parking available (max. 1 vehicle per household)
- Long-term budget for major maintenance
- Active Homeowners Association, monthly contribution € 647.76 (including advance payment of € 195 for heating)
- Communal bicycle storage room
- Convenient central location near seaside and city centre; good public transport links, easy access to motorways
- Shops, museums, and schools (primary and secondary) within walking distance
- Protected historic cityscape location near embassies and stately homes
- Near parks and woodlands (Park Sorghvliet and Scheveningse Bosjes)
- Older construction and materials disclaimers will be included in the purchase agreement
- Floor plans available; specified dimensions – taken in accordance with NVM measurement standards - are indicative
Read full description