This monumental canal house 't Paard van Aemstel is located in the middle of the city across from the Stopera (City Hall / Opera) and Zwanenburgwal The fantastic location and the large windows offer a beautiful view over the Amstel. The building dates from 1648 and was completely renovated (including a new foundation) and officially split into apartments in 2006.
The apartment comprises two floors of in total 88m2 (NEN 2580 measurement report available) with each an own living unit on the bel étage and souterrain which have NOT been connected to each other internally. Originally there was a stair so construction wise it's possible to put stair back but bathroom souterrain has to be replaced.
The bel étage has a sunny living room at the front with large windows looking over the Amstel and an open kitchen. A bathroom and bedroom are located at the back. Due to the location on a corner with the Paardenstraat, there are also windows on the side of the building. The souterrain contains a living room, bedroom, pantry/kitchen and a bathroom.
It also has a separate own storage area and communal bicycle garage.
The location can be reached optimally by public transport, the metro stop Waterlooplein is around the corner. In the immediate vicinity, you can enjoy everything that the city has to offer. If you love the theatre and opera, you can visit Carré Theatre on this side of the Amstel or the Stopera on the other side of the street, the ‘De Kleine Komedie’ theatre is practically your neighbour. Within 1 minute, you are in museum “De Hermitage” to enjoy its fantastic art collection. The various restaurants and trendy shops of the ‘Utrechtsestraat’ and the popular outdoor cafés of the ‘Rembrantplein’ are located within no more than three minutes walking distance of your apartment. This part of the Amstel has now become one-way traffic only as a result of the redirection at the Munt/Vijzelgracht.
Own entrance with hallway and pantry. Passage leading to the bathroom and studio bedroom / living room with two good windows.
The bathroom is equipped with a bath, toilet and sink.
Spacious entrance in the living room with a passage to the open kitchen.
Toilet with small sink.
Bathroom with shower and sink.
Bedroom at the back
- The building is located on freehold land;
- Fantastic view over the Amstel and the Zwanenburgwal;
- National monument, year of construction 1648;
- The building was split into apartments in 2006, new foundation;
- Own storage area and a communal bicycle garage (in the building)
- Service charges: € 303 excluding heating costs;
- Balance reserve fund as of 31-12-2019 € 120,827
- Owners’ Association administration outsourced to a professional organisation via ‘the household’, Multi-year maintenance plan available.
- Share in Owners’ Association 9,142/70,753 th (= so about € 15,612 share in reserve fund!!)
- Advance for heating costs € 187.50 per month
- Whole apartment has single glazed windows in wooden window frames with grids.
Read full description