Exceptionally spacious (ca. 230m2) three-bedroom apartment in the highly desirable Benoordenhout neighbourhood.
Situated in the iconic Huize Boschzicht complex, a designated historic structure built around 1920 in the “New Hague School” style, this grand apartment is especially bright thanks to its corner location and large windows with views toward both the Haagse Bos woods and downtown.
Within easy reach are motorways and the Central railway station, the delightful shops and restaurants in the nearby van Hoytemaplein, and the many cultural attractions in the city centre.
This imposing first floor flat, with a living area of over 80m2, is directly accessible via stairs or lift.
The main entrance opens to an impressive central lobby with a stately staircase, and staffed by a caretaker. Past the front door of the apartment is a spacious vestibule with video intercom and gorgeous leaded glass windows, where double doors lead to the L-shaped reception rooms. This sunny living/dining area, measuring approximately 6 meters in width and mostly laid with solid parquet flooring, has unobstructed views on two sides. Standout features include a working fireplace and a traditional built-in bar.
On the left next to the entrance are the main bedroom with several custom-made wardrobes, a separate dressing room, and a modern bathroom with walk-in shower, vanity, and wc.
On the right at the end of the hallway is the eat-in kitchen, outfitted with integrated appliances and ample storage room; opposite the kitchen is an extra pantry with yet more space.
There are two further bedrooms on the west side, of which one has a balcony benefiting from afternoon/evening sun. Off the hallway is the second bathroom with bath, washbasin, wall-mounted wc, and the laundry connections.
Huize Boschzicht was one of the first residential hotels, built with returnees from the former colonies - who were accustomed to high levels of comfort, good facilities, and in-house staff - in mind. The ground floor, outfitted with a collective kitchen and restaurant, provided meals to the building’s occupants using small dumbwaiters. Nowadays the space houses individual apartments as well as the caretaker’s quarters.
• New electrical wiring (2016).
• Art Deco - style original flourishes such as beautiful leaded glass windows/doors.
• Fitted with double-paned secondary glazing, providing both sound and temperature insulation; exterior leaded glass windows protected with extra secondary glazing.
• Formerly 7 rooms.
• Caretaker and cleaner with extra service.
Facts, figures, and features:
• Interior space ca. 230m˛;
• Block central heating and water;
• Excellent insulation; extra double glazing
• Private underground storage unit and communal bicycle storeroom;
• Beautiful communal garden with entrance from the Mauvestraat;
• 3 guest rooms with shower and toilet can be rented for a modest fee;
• Active Homeowners Association, monthly contribution € 660.11 excluding advance payment of € 271.09 for heating;
• Given the age of the property, older construction, materials, environmental and general asbestos disclaimers will be included in the NVM purchase agreement;
• Designated national monument status;
• Available at short notice.
Read full description