An exceptional 310 sqm ground-floor duplex with five bedrooms, family kitchen, patio and a sunny roof deck.
The elegant raised ground-floor level with 3.85-meter ceilings offers a unique view of Waalseilandgracht canal, Montelbaanstoren and Oude Waal. The basement can be accessed separately from the street, has outstanding daylight entry from the front and rear and is a multi-functional space with 2,55meter ceilings between the beams.
The rear annex features a family kitchen off the patio and five bedrooms, on the first, second and third floors. This section includes a roof deck. The apartment, a freehold property, is situated in a listed national heritage building dating back to 1735.
Tranquil Binnenkant is a sought-after residential location in Amsterdam's historic city center. With sweeping views, excellent accessibility and in an area with all conceivable amenities, schools, museums and restaurants and cafes. A multi-functional apartment that can be remodeled to suit the buyer's personal preferences.
Entrance, steps lead to the hall with the meter cupboard, guest restroom and the corridor. Double doors open to the living room on the raised ground-floor level spanning 4.00 meters wide, gorgeous parquet flooring and two tall windows overlooking the canal. The basement can be accessed both from the street and from inside the apartment, and could potentially serve as a kitchen/lounge, office or gym. The basement window at the rear and the window at the front provide ample daylight entry.
The corridor with French doors to the patio connects the main house to the rear annex. Below the kitchen/lounge, with French doors to the patio, is a storage space with a ceiling height of 1.78 meters underneath the beams. The hall, corridor and kitchen feature beautiful black and white tiling.
The quiet rear annex includes five bedrooms with bathrooms on the first, second and third floor. All rooms feature ceiling heights of 3.00 meters or more, and windows to both sides. There is a roof terrace. An extraordinary family home with excellent routing and monumental character, in Amsterdam's historic maritime district.
Situated in Centrum borough, in the Nieuwmarkt/ Lastage neighborhood of the Scheepvaartsthuis Quarter, on a beautiful, wide canal.
Within walking distance of all amenities, ranging from contemporary stores on Oosterdok to small specialty shops in the narrow side streets off Nieuwmarkt.
The area is home to good schools, has ample room for children to play and is close to the OBA public library. The selection of restaurants and cafes on Nieuwmarkt is unparalleled, including all-time favorites such as Hemelse Modder and Captein&Co. Excellent accessibility, and Central Station is just around the corner.
• Usable residential floor area ca. 311 sqm
• Unobstructed canal view
• Central location, freehold property
• Multi-functional apartment with historic character
• Spacious rooms with good ceiling heights and excellent daylight entry
• Freehold property
• Listed national heritage building (Rijksmonument)
• Independent entrance to the basement, can be converted to a separate apartment
• Small-scale HOA
• For more information about potential subsidies, please consult the website of Nationaal Monumenten Portaal, Restauratiefonds and Rijksdienst voor het Cultureel Erfgoed.
• This information was drafted with the utmost care. However, we are not liable for any unintended omission or inaccuracy, etcetera nor any consequences related thereto. All measurements and sizes are indicative only.
• The Measurement Code is based on NEN2580 standards. The Measurement Code is intended to ensure a more universal survey method for indicating total net internal area (usable floor area). The Measurement Code cannot fully preclude discrepancies between individual surveys, due to e.g. differences regarding interpretation, rounding and restrictions to conducting measurement surveys.
Read full description