Unique and impressive apartment of in total 185 M2 on one single floor in a lovely secluded spot in the heart of the Jordaan district: the Bloemgracht. Renovated in 2018 with a state-of-the-art kitchen with a cooking / sitting island, 2 bathrooms, new interior doors and window frames, beautifully plastered walls and ceilings, and radiator covers. The 300-year-old beams are also like new again after a bit of work! This unique apartment, which is located in a quiet area, has many windows and a view of the Westertoren. In view of the location in a detached monumental warehouse on freehold land between the Bloemgracht (entrance) and the Bloemstraat, there are NO immediate neighbours and the apartment has windows on three sides. In addition, there is an elevator with direct access to the apartment. There is also the possibility to buy an individual parking spot in the Gillis van Lederberchstraat for € 72,500 plus buyer’s costs within a distance of 5 minutes by bike or 10 minutes on foot.
Situated in the heart of the Jordan on a quiet canal close to the Westermarkt, the Nine Streets and the Nordermarkt. The are many lovely cafés and restaurants, fashion shops, sports facilities, delicatessens as well as supermarkets in the area.
It is a 20-minute walk from the apartment to the Central Station. There are tram stops on the corner on the Marnixstraat and Rozengracht and exit roads to the A-10/s 105 are nearby so that, for example, Schiphol Airport can be reached in 25 minutes by car or 35 minutes by public transport.
THE WAREHOUSE: The warehouse is an impressive National Monument, the apartments have original beam ceilings with heavy wooden beams and wooden supports.
THE APARTMENT: From the elegant front door on the Bloemgracht a newly renovated hallway brings you to the rear of the building where you reach the elevator entrance from a set of stairs, from here the key-operated elevator goes directly to the apartment. There is also a spacious stairway. At the entrance of the apartment, there is a very spacious hallway with useful extra storage area. When you enter the apartment, you will feel at home immediately: the beautiful black steel doors, the floor beams and the supports provide an industrial and authentic but also a very warm feeling. The width of about 12 metres is exceptional in this twice as wide warehouse. And the length of 16 metres is also impressive. The surrounding buildings in the immediate vicinity are lower so that you generally have an unrestricted view. For instance, you can see the Westertoren from the kitchen table.
The apartment has a master bedroom with a separate walk-in cabinet and spacious bathroom, the second (bed) room is suitable for various uses and also has a walk-in bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet.
Within the living space of the living room and the kitchen of (together) about 140 (!) M2 several options are conceivable for a home office and/or an extra room. At present, this area contains a huge sitting area, a luxurious kitchen with a cooking island containing a variety of Siemens built-in appliances and a lot of space for a (large) dinner table with a view of the picturesque Westerkerk church.
- double wide loft apartment in a National Monument warehouse dating back to the 17th century;
- situated anonymously and securely in the inner premises between the Bloemgracht and the Bloemstraat;
- key-operated elevator with direct access to the apartment;
- located on freehold land;
- living surface 185 m2, excluding storage area and spacious hallway on the third floor;
- ceiling with original beams, with heavy beams and wooden supports;
- storage area next to the entrance of the apartment on the third floor;
- small-scale Owners’ Association with 7 members, multi-year maintenance plan, and professionally and externally managed by Rappange;
- service charges amount € 285 per month;
- 205/1415e share in the building, reservationfund 31/12/2019 euro 19.236,-, euro 12.000,- annual reservaton.
- available directly;
- Selling price parking place € 72,500 plus buyer's costs (transfer tax 8%)
- Service fee parking place € 36 per month per space (Owners’ Association de Binderij, managed by Newomij).
Read full description