Spacious terraced house overlooking one of The Hague’s most picturesque canals in the heart of the city centre.
This charming four-storey home is one of 4 townhouses, developed in 2008 by a renowned firm of architects, which mix modern elements with existing traditional styles and features a garage/home office on the entry level as well as a deep back garden.
Perfectly positioned near the charming “Avenue Culinaire” (Dunne Bierkade), the city’s vibrant hub for restaurants and floating terraces, the location could hardly be more convenient. Just around the corner are shops, theatres and cinemas. Public transport options, including both railway stations, are all within 10 minutes walking distance, and major motorways to Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht are mere minutes’ drive away. A standout feature of this delightful home is the view of the 17th century canal and beautiful surrounding facades as well as the stunning vistas of the modern city skyline.
The front door opens to the big garage with tiled floor that can also easily be used as a home practice space or office. Off the hall is the large, luxurious eat-in Poggenpohl kitchen outfitted with an island and Siemens integrated appliances including oven, microwave, and coffee maker, and an adjoining pantry/storage housing the heat pump. Four French doors at the back give access to the surprisingly deep (26 meters) back garden, designed by the famous landscape architect Cor van Gelderen, featuring attractive outdoor lighting and a pavilion with a raised terrace and veranda.
This level comprises 2 spacious reception rooms, a guest lavatory, and a fantasic southeast-facing terrace.
A landing gives access to 2 good-sized bedrooms and a modern bathroom with Bisazza mosaic tiles, bath, walk-in shower, wc, and custom-crafted wooden vanity.
On this level, which was replastered, painted and laid with new flooring in 2020, are 2 more big bedrooms and a bathroom with shower, vanity, and wc as well as a separate laundry room.
FACTS, FIGURES AND FEATURES
- Interior space ca. 196 m˛ (including home office/garage on the ground floor)
- Good-sized garden with pavilion/shed
- Terrace accessible from the living room
- Home office/garage/lounge room on the ground floor
- Entire premises heated and cooled by means of a heat pump, providing year-round comfort. It is gas-free and energy compliant for the future.
- Fitted with high efficiency ++ double glazing (current energy costs €150 p.m.)
- Interior repainted in 2020; exterior in 2017
- Awning on ground floor
- Room darkening screens fitted on the back bedroom
- Top floor recently renovated
- Floor plans available. Dimensions are indicative (taken in accordance with NEN 2580 measurement standards)
Read full description