A stylish way to live in the former Jesuit convent of the Elandstraat Church that was transformed into 7 luxuries city apartments around 1997. The building on private owned ground has kept many of its original elements. The complex is entered via a lovely Dutch style entrance with an elevator and is situated on the 2nd floor in the former library of the convent. The spacious split-level living has a 5m high ceiling and the original beams of the roof, which are integrated in the space create a special atmosphere. The tranquil living area situated at the rear of the house offers complete privacy. Adjacent to the living room is a 9m2 large terrace with sun in the afternoon and a beautiful view of the stained-glass windows of the main ship of the church and over the roofs of The Hague.
This prestigious, well-maintained listed building, with a very impressive entrance (Neo-Louis XIV style) was originally built in 1877 and is perfectly located in a small side road, in the heart of the Zeeheldenkwartier neighbourhood, within walking distance of the lively Piet Heinstraat, Prins Hendrikstraat, the city centre and public transport.
In addition to the, according to the official rules calculated living space, the apartment (total measurement 21.40 x 7.32/6.34m) offers a lot of extra floor space for a generous interior. The whole apartment has a restored antique hardwood floor originating from an old church. From a spacious hall you reach the living (21.40 x 7.32/6.34m), which is by a few stairs divided into a kitchen-dining area (7.32 x 3.51/2.52m) and a sitting room (5.00x4.91m). The kitchen with a corner lay out is fitted with luxury appliances: a Miele dishwasher, Siemens washer/dryer combination, Siemens self-cleaning oven/microwave combination, Zanussi fridge/freezer combination and a ceramic hob. The authentic roof beams above the sitting area add a special charm to the living.
The 3 bedrooms and the bathroom with dormer windows as well as a separate guest toilet can be entered from the hall. The master bedroom (5x3,82 m) situated at the front of the building is on one side fitted with ceiling high L-shaped wardrobes. The two other bedrooms lay on the front (5.00x3.29m) and on the church-side of the building (4.05x3.39m). The modern bathroom is approx. 7 m≤ and has a walk-in shower with a glass splash wall, high quality bathroom fittings with a sink, Villeroy & Boch bidet and Villeroy & Boch wall-hung toilet. Finally, there is a utility room housing the central heating boiler and the mechanical ventilation unit and in the basement of the building a spacious 9m2 private storage room, which can also be accessed by the elevator.
- ís-Gravenhage section O, number 8323 A-12
- Built in 1877and completely renovated in 1997
- Energy label: D
- Listed building built in eclectic style
- Council protected cityscape of the Zeeheldenkwartier neighbourhood
- 152/1,000th share in an active Owners Association
- Monthly contribution to the Owners Association: Ä334.40
- A reduction of the monthly contribution will be discussed at the following Owners Association meeting.
- Current savings in the reserve funds of the Owners Association is approx. Ä39,000.-
- The outside of the property was fully renovated at the end of 2018/start of 2019
- Remeha Avanta central heating combi-boiler from 2008
- Parking permit and visitorís permit from The Hague City Council
- Secured parking spaces can be rented in the Q-Park in the Elandstraat, on walking distance
- Fully double glazed
- Old property and materials clauses apply
- Handover date can be discussed
Read full description