Space, ambience and luxury at one of the most beautiful avenues of Oegstgeest!
This corner house from 1930 has been converted into a lovely spacious residence of no less than 181 m2, featuring a large kitchen-cum-living room with scullery, dining room with (gas / wood) fireplace, living room with fireplace, playroom with patio doors to the garden, 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a storage room.
During the renovation, many original details have been retained or restored using high quality materials: oak herringbone floor with decorative border in the living and dining room, marble floors with decorative border and underfloor heating in the hall, lavatory and bathroom, Portuguese tiled floors with underfloor heating in the kitchen and playroom, sandstone fireplaces on the ground floor, original fireplaces on the 1st floor, decorative stucco ceilings and all stained glass is double glazed.
In addition to the private driveway, you can enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine in peace, quiet and privacy in the front garden on the south-west. The side entrance provides convenient access to the kitchen from the front garden. When the children come home from school or sports, they can use this entrance and they can immediately put all their belongings in the scullery.
The back garden is divided into two parts: a wooden sun terrace/seating area which is accessible through patio doors from the playroom and a garden area with lawn accessible through patio doors from the dining room and playroom. The house is located on one of the most quiet and nicest avenues of Oegstgeest. It meanders through the Oranjewijk, the oldest and most sought-after part of the village.
All facilities are in the vicinity: sports clubs, primary and secondary schools, the historic city centre of Leiden. Beach, sea and the Kaag are all within cycling distance; Schiphol, Amsterdam and The Hague can be reached within 20 minutes by car or public transport. It's no coincidence that Oegstgeest ends up at the top of all the lists every year as the best municipality to live in!
Entrance with wardrobe and meter cupboard. Hall with lavatory (toilet and urinal), stair cupboard and stairs to the 1st floor. Dining room over the entire width of the house with (gas/wood) fireplace and patio doors to the garden. En suite living room with fireplace. Spacious kitchen-cum-living room with scullery, beamed/panelled ceiling and appliances, 8-burner stove from Stoves with three ovens and warming drawer. Playroom with high beamed ceiling and patio doors on two sides to the garden. Storage room with access from the driveway.
Landing with access to bathroom with bath, shower and two sinks. Separate toilet and hall-cupboard. Three bedrooms, two of which are very spacious and a third with washing machine arrangement and built-in cupboards.
Landing with access to bathroom with shower, toilet and sink. Two spacious bedrooms with extra storage space behind knee walls.
Spacious front garden with sitting area, path to front door and garage path to side door and storage space.
Secluded back garden with sun terrace/seating area and second area with lawn.
- Completely renovated and expanded in 2001 / 2002
- Parking spot on own driveway
- Roof of the house is insulated
- Property fully double glazed, including the stained-glass windows
- House has been completely painted on the inside in 2016 / 2017
- Underfloor heating available under construction, hall and lavatory on ground floor and bathroom 1st floor
- Herringbone parquet (floor) with decorative border in living and dining room
- Portuguese tiled floor in entire extension
- New high pile carpet on 1st and 2nd floor (2017)
- 2 working fireplaces (of which 1 can also be run on gas)
- Very spacious Bruynzeel kitchen-cum-living room with high quality appliances, including Stoves stove with 8 burners, 3 ovens and warming drawer
- Washing machines are presently on the 1st floor. Connection is also present in the attic or can be realised in the extension
- Lots of details, including:
o Oak herringbone parquet floor with decorative border
o Marble floor with decorative border
o Ornamental stucco ceilings
o Sandstone fireplaces
o Original fireplaces in 1st floor bedrooms
o Stained glass, double glazed
o Beamed ceilings with panel sections
- Age clause
Read full description