Exceptionally welcoming, ideal family home spanning 258 sqm in an exquisite location in Zuid. The. property features an optimized layout with a large family kitchen, 6 bedrooms, two bathrooms and an elegant and well-maintained, secluded garden.
The property is in an ideal location, in a quiet area nearby Apollolaan and Händelstraat. A neighborhood with ample playgrounds, close to Beatrixpark and the amenities on Beethovenstraat.
Traditional and partially modernized entrance with a foyer, marble and a stunning swing door open to the hall with a restroom and coat area. The sitting room is at the front of the house, featuring a bay window and a fireplace.
The pocket doors are flanked by steel china cabinets. The family kitchen is at the rear, spanning the full width and fitted with a chef's kitchen and a range of luxury appliances. The kitchen is sophisticated, with marble and black cabinets.
French doors open from the kitchen to the sunny garden - the homes at the rear are quite a distance away.
Landing with a restroom. The master suite is at the rear, with a large dressing room and a private bathroom with a bathtub, shower and double vanity. A second, extremely large bedroom is at the front, again spanning the property's full width. This is an ideal space for a second lounge, a home office or a den.
Hall with a restroom, central bathroom with a bathtub, shower and double vanity. Two bedrooms at the front and two good-sized bedrooms at the rear. Two of the rooms on this floor have French doors to a balcony.
Many similar houses see the attic space used as a spare (bed)room. Please see the alternative floorplan with stairs to this space. Currently, the attic level is accessible by loft ladder, and the space (ca. 9 sqm) is not used.
The property includes a 45 sqm basement. This space is perfect for storage or use as a playroom, laundry room, wine cellar, etc.
Gerrit van der Veenstraat is one of the major streets in Beethoven Quarter. This property is on the beautiful, quiet stretch nearby Händelstraat and across from Apollohouse
An extremely favorable location relative to the offices on Zuid-As, Beatrixpark and De Pijp.
Scheldestraat and Beethovenstraat, bustling shopping. streets with countless lovely eateries, are just around the corner. The area is home to good schools and daycare centers.
Connectivity is outstanding, both by car (close to the A10 beltway and main highways A2, A1 and A4) and public transportation (NS train stations Rai and Amsterdam Zuid, Noord/Zuid metro and trams).
• Usable residential floor area ca. 258 sqm
• Usable residential floor area including renovated attic adds up to approx. 274 sqm (A permit is required for internal stairs, a dormer and roof terrace)
• Situated on ground lease land, owned by the Municipality of Amsterdam. Current lease period from June 1, 2003 through May 31, 2053, GT&C 1994, 5-annual lease indexation. Annual lease of € 4,441.73 until May 31, 2053. The GT&C 2016 will take effect from May 31, 2053, the lease is prefixed and subject to annual lease indexation. Please see our sales file
• Timely application submitted for the switch to everlasting ground lease
• Quiet location
• Large garden
• Two balconies
• 6 bedrooms and a dressing room
• 2 bathrooms
• Municipal monument
• The property is situated in a protected cityscape area
• This information was drafted with the utmost care. However, we are not liable for any unintended omission or inaccuracy, etcetera nor any consequences related thereto. All measurements and sizes are indicative only.
• The Measurement Code is based on NEN2580 standards. The Measurement Code is intended to ensure a more universal survey method for indicating total net internal area (usable floor area). The Measurement Code cannot fully preclude discrepancies between individual surveys, due to e.g. differences regarding interpretation, rounding and restrictions to conducting measurement surveys.
The sellers say:
"We were very fortunate to live at 10 Gerrit van der Veenstraat for 15 years.
A fabulous house with a wonderful garden in a great neighborhood.
Now that our children are grown and are living on their own, we look forward to moving to a smaller home.
We hope that the new owners will enjoy this home as much as we have. It is indeed an exceptional spot to call home."
Read full description