This bright double upper house with a living area of 106 m² is located in an attractive street in the center of Amsterdam. This monumental building was completely renovated in 2001 including the foundation and roof that were renewed. There is an additional individual storage room in the basement. The ground lease (‘erfpacht’) has been prepaid until 5/31/2050, whereby a perpetual lease offer from the municipality has been requested under the favorable conditions. It’s a very quiet apartment because of the tranquil street, the outer walls that are separate from neighboring houses and there are no upstairs neighbors. The house is in very good technical condition which means no renovation investments are required.
The street itself is wonderfully quiet and has a pleasant character. The apartment has a wide view on the square and the small park in the front. The house is around the corner from the Amsterdam’s unique Canal District and the famous shopping street Haarlemmerstraat and Jordaan with their cozy shops and restaurants.
The location is very central and easily accessible by public transport or car. Central Station is less than 10 minutes walking and the Jordaan just a few minutes. You can easily park here (waiting time for a parking permit is approximately 5 months). From Amsterdam CS you can really go in all directions by train, bus, tram and metro. For nature and relaxation, the cozy and green Westerpark is a wonderful nearby option.
The entrance of the house is on the second floor. The tidy staircase is only shared with one other apartment.
The third floor is the residential floor and has a spacious and bright living room with an open kitchen, which is equipped with various equipment. There is also a small storage room here with the central heating system (Intergas HR, 2001).
On the fourth floor are two well-sized bedrooms and the bathroom with a bath, shower and a sink. The toilet is a separated space. The bedroom at the front has a high ridge (4.60 m) and three extra skylights.
A staircase leads to the attic, which can be used as a walk-in closet but which can also serve as an extra study or (children's) room.
The external storage of 5 m² is located in the basement of the building
Furthermore .. If 106 m² of living space is not enough? There is a unique chance to buy the apartment on the second floor (No. 7A) which is currently also for sale. This means that it can be combined in one house of over 150 m² with its own front door at street level and its own staircase !!
- Construction period around 1700;
- National monument;
- Complete renovation of the building in 2001, including new foundation and
- Living area approximately 106 m² (measurement report available);
- Storage room in the basement;
- Annual ground lease (‘erfpacht’) prepaid until 31-5-2050, perpetual lease applied for under favorable conditions;
- Wooden frames with double glazing;
- Heated by boiler, Intergas HR (2001);
- Mechanical ventilation;
- Active association of owners, self-managed by 6 members;
- VvE contribution € 148 a month;
- Acceptance in consultation, but can be done immediately;
- A not self-occupation and an old age clause is included in the purchase contract;
- Notary choice for the buyer, if in Amsterdam.
Read full description