Unique, characteristic house with in-home office space in former business premises in the Amsterdam Nieuw-West district. Just a stone’s throw away from Sloterplas lake and within biking distance of the Amsterdam Zuid and Oud-West districts. This stylish home/office space measuring 159 m˛ was completely renovated in 2017, but the original features of the former jeans agency have been retained. The building was originally designed as business/office space with separate living quarters on the first floor.
The property comprises two spacious floors, with two separate entrances: one at Hemsterhuisstraat 75 and the other at Nicolaas Japiksestraat 12. The high ceilings (3.6 metres!) and huge windows help to create a wealth of natural light.
Ground floor: One large room with an open-plan kitchen. A cleverly placed partition wall divides the space into working and living areas. The room also has its own entrance. Open-plan modern kitchen with a concrete countertop, lots of drawers, a 5-ring gas stove and oven (SMEG), dishwasher and a trendy American-style fridge/freezer. The sliding door on the ground floor is original and can be fully opened. It leads onto a wide pavement on the quiet Nicolaas Japiskestraat, which currently serves as an outdoor terrace/garden (south-facing). The current cul-de-sac and parking spaces are due to be demolished later this year/early next year, and the public greenery will be extended to the edge of the pavement. The second bathroom with a shower and toilet are also on the ground floor. There is an abundance of practical storage space, and the concrete floor has been fitted with under-floor heating.
First floor: Hall leading into all the other rooms. The master bedroom at the rear of the property used to be the managing director’s office. Lots of room, with a lounge area, fitted wardrobes and characteristic wooden panelling. This could be converted into two bedrooms if required. The bedroom opens onto the generous balcony (approx. 7 m˛, south-facing). A walk-in closet can be reached from the hall. There is a separate toilet and a spacious bathroom with a walk-in shower, bath and vanity. Another two good-sized bedrooms are at the front of the property, along with a kitchen leading onto a smaller balcony. The kitchen could easily be converted into a fourth bedroom, third bathroom or extra walk-in closet.
The property is in a quiet, child-friendly neighbourhood with green, panoramic views. Shops and schools are in the immediate vicinity. The property is just outside the ring in the Jacob Geel neighbourhood. The buildings in the neighbourhood are well-spaced, there are lots of green spaces, and it is close to Sloterpark on the east bank. It is also close to the A10 Ring Road and A4 and A9 motorways, with Schiphol Airport just a 15-minute drive away. You can walk to Lelylaan train station and Lelylaan and Postjesweg metro stations in around 7 minutes. Vondelpark and De Hallen are a 10-minute bike ride, and you can bike into the city centre in 15 minutes.
- 159 m˛ of floor space (NEN-2580 measurement report available);
- Industrial building style with authentic details;
- Perfect for living and working;
- Unique atmosphere;
- Three good-sized bedrooms, with the possibility of making a fourth (or fifth) bedroom and/or extra bathroom;
- Two addresses: Hemsterhuisstraat 75 and Nicolaas Japiksestraat 12;
- The wide pavement, which is used as an outdoor terrace/garden, is not part of the purchase;
- The street and parking spaces on Nicolaas Japiksestraat are due to be demolished, and the public green space will be extended to the edge of the pavement;
- Plenty of car parking for two vehicles right outside the door, by means of a permit system (amsterdam.nl). No more parking problems!
- Leasehold property, with the lease owned by the Municipality of Amsterdam, continuous ground lease (current period runs until 30 June 2037);
- Fixed ground rent of €348.50 per year;
- The application date for transfer to perpetual right of leasehold was set by the vendor. The purchaser can adopt this application date and buy out the ground rent in perpetuity under favourable conditions;
- Transfer subject to agreement.
Read full description