HOFWIJCKSTRAAT 18, VOORBURG
Beautifully located in the Huygenskwartier neighbourhood, this practically laid out, 3-storey town house is full of character and still maintains many of its original period features (including stained glass windows and a granito floor) but it has been adapted to meet the requirements of modern living. The property has 5 bedrooms, a beautiful, quality, kitchen with a high-level finish, and a beautiful bathroom. The rear garden backs directly onto the Middenburg Park with its fabulous, historic, old trees. Despite having this wonderful canopy of leafy green foliage, the property gets a great deal of sun in spring and summer in the garden!
Location and surrounding area:
The ideal location, between the Hofwijck Park and the Middenburg Park, close to the historic town centre of Voorburg, which is known for its charming, lively Herenstraat with its local and exclusive shops, and a wide choice of restaurants, cafés and bars. There are several primary and secondary schools close by, as well as the main highways – the A4, A12, A13, and the tunnels leading to the N44/A44 – the NS Station (for buses, trams, and the train), and it is within walking distance of The Vliet waterway. The Hague city centre is about a 15 minute bike ride away.
Lay-out of the property:
Entrance to the property with a charming porch fitted with stained glass windows; beautifully restored granito floor; fuse box (6 circuits with 2 trip switches); big storage cupboard under the stairs; modern cloakroom with WC and hand basin.
Charming, light living/dining room, 9.45x3.26, with a beautiful parquet floor, a cosy open fireplace and French doors out to the south west facing, sunny back garden with open views of the fabulous Middenburg Park. You really feel like you are in an oasis of greenery. The back garden is 6.34x5.53 and has a wooden shed (fitted with electric sockets). The
homes in the Hofwijckstraat that back directly onto the park (which this property does) are fortunate to have rear access.
The modern, closed kitchen has been built on both sides of the room from high quality materials and is fitted with lovely worktops, a combination oven, fridge, dishwasher, gas hob, cooker hood and space for the HR central heating combi-boiler. Most of the kitchen equipment was replaced in 2020.
Spacious landing; modern, contemporary, renovated bathroom with a walk-in shower, heated towel rail, beautifully maintained wooden unit with 2 sinks, a WC and a bath; a practical walk-in closet; 3 bedrooms, respectively: 3.70x3.26 with a bay window, front room to the side of the property, 3.12x1.87, and the master bedroom to the rear of the property, 3.76x3.26 (with airco and a sunscreen) with access to the balcony that enjoys fabulous views across the Middenburg Park.
This floor was extended in the past by raising the ceiling height and adding an extension so that it is now a complete second storey and it has: a landing; a large roof terrace, 4.90x2.40, with lovely views to the rear; a second bathroom where there is the third WC and a sink (an extra shower could easily be added); a bedroom that stretches all the way along the front of the property, 5.23x2.67, with airco and a skylight; to the rear there is a spacious room, 3.21x3.11, with storage space and plumbing for a washing machine.
Also worth knowing:
- Living space in accordance with the NEN 2580 measuring instructions: approx. 134.5 m2;
- Big roof terrace: approx. 11.8m2;
- 99 m2 own ground;
- Energy label F;
- The crawl space storage basement has been restored (including replacing a number of floor boards and ventilation) and insulated with Tonzon floor insulation;
- Central heating with hot water provision via a Remeha HR combination boiler from 2006;
- Fully double glazed with wood window frames throughout;
- Electric wiring and the fuse box have been replaced and modernized;
- The property has new ceilings throughout;
- 2 bedrooms were fitted with airco in 2018;
- Outside paintwork was done in 2018;
- Child-friendly neighbourhood in a quiet and charming street;
- Despite the renovation work that has been done to this property, because of the year this house was built, the NVM sales agreement will include extra conditions like a material and old property clauses;
- Handover date still to be determined.
IN BRIEF, A HOME THAT IS FULL OF CHARM AND CHARACTER IN A FABULOUS LOCATION IN VOORBURG. ABSOLUTELY WORTH COMING TO SEE!
Read full description