LUXURY ‘METROPOLITAN STYLE’ HOME IN OUD-ZUID
Finesse and international appeal on one of Concertgebouw district's most beautiful streets.
The apartment was completely reconstructed - literally from top to bottom - in 2019:
- new floor (anhydrite screed with underfloor heating in 3 zones), carpeted with new herringbone parquet flooring.
- a new ceiling with thermal and noise insulation and built-in ceiling audio speakers;
- a newly installed air vent system (allowing for installation of an air conditioning unit);
- built-in home automation and Sonos surround system, i.e. no av-equipment in the rooms;
- newly installed steel support beam to create an expansive loft-like living space;
- newly plastered walls finished with decorative concrete overlay for a spacious Italian designer look;
- new custom-made kitchen and fitted wardrobes and cabinets throughout the entire home;
- new electrics and meter cupboard. New heating unit;
- new doors and stunning glass-in-aluminum interior door and floor-to-ceiling sliding door between the bedroom wing and living space;
- the timber exterior window frames have been painted and fitted with new double glazing.
All this work was completed by the owners with incredible attention to detail and aesthetics, resulting in an exquisite, unique apartment.
The living space is expansive and the stunning 3.24m ceilings lend the room a sense of space. The custom-made kitchen showcases brass elements and a breathtaking Calacatta marble buffet, downdraft cooker and double-brushed cabinet walls.
The kitchen, inspired by Italian design, is fitted with top-quality fitted appliances including a Quooker, oven, dishwasher and large refrigerator/freezer, beautifully integrated in the overall design of the property.
The suspended - brass-panel clad - gas fireplace is a stunning accessory in the living room. Due to the dimensions of the living space, modular Baxter sofas (for sale separately) can be arranged in different manners (around the fireplace), creating different living spaces/zones.
Each room was renovated with a keen eye for detail, taking into account daylight exposure, purpose and comfort. The balcony faces south and is the perfect spot to enjoy the sunshine all day long and overlooks Jacob Obrechtplein square.
The bedroom, with custom-made wardrobes (also in the bathroom) and the walk-in lend the apartment the feel of a luxury hotel suite. The bathroom features a custom-made Calacata marble vanity with brass taps. The walls are fitted with stunning, life-sized ceramic panels and decorative concrete overlay.
All windows and doors feature accessories from the beautiful Nour collection by Formani.
The entire apartment is fitted with new herringbone parquet flooring with underfloor heating (in 3 zones). The wood of the floor was smoked and aged to create a fabulous look.
The apartment features a home automation system that can be operated via an app (Creston) for heating, music, lighting, fireplace, intercom, to control doors and the option to install a curtain operation feature.
A second bedroom/study is easy to create at the front of the apartment.
This apartment is ideal for people looking for a home in one of Oud Zuid's best locations nearby all amenities, and who expect international standards in terms of aesthetics and quality.
The apartment is on the first stretch of Johannes Verhulststraat, directly behind Concertgebouw.
In immediate proximity to a wide selection of excellent restaurants and hotel lounges, such as George, Conservatorium Hotel, etc.
Groceries are available from a wide selection of shops on Cornelis Schuytstraat and the organic Saturday market on Jacob Obrechtplein square.
The property is a stone's throw from Rijksmuseum, Stedelijk Museum and Van Gogh Museum and of course Concertgebouw.
The location offers an ideal mix of tranquility and entertainment.
- residential floor area of ca. 91 sqm
- completely renovated to a premium standard in 2019
- several custom-made cabinets and wardrobes
- underfloor heating
- south-facing balcony
- freehold property
- timber window frames, double glazing
- Creston home automation system
- option to create a 2nd bedroom
- furniture offered for sale separately
- ceiling and floor insulation
Read full description