Utterly charming mansion with a lot of allure located on the beloved and beautiful Johannes Vermeerstraat, the front garden of the Rijksmuseum. This beautiful house has a unique and unprecedented facade width of approximately 10 meters wide. Partly because of this, there is a very generous living space of no less than 436 m2 spread over 4 floors with a cellar, roof terrace and backyard. If desired, an extension at the back side of the house is also possible, as well as the installation of an elevator or an extension of the basement, to create a games room, cinema or guest studio.
The house can be finished internally according to your own taste and wishes, due to the many square meters, each space can be arranged according to your own insight and to measure for ultimate living comfort. This beautiful house is still full of authentic details, such as the stained glass windows, style ceilings, panel doors, classic balustrades and architraves, marble fireplaces and a tasteful spacious staircase.
Located at a very popular location in Amsterdam South, next to the Rijksmuseum, het Museumplein, the Concertgebouw and the Zuiderbad. All luxury shopping streets are within walking distance, such as the P.C. Hooftstraat, Van Baerlestraat and a little further the lovely Cornelis Schuytstraat with its various well-known boutiques.
The house is divided over four floors and a basement and has the following layout;
Stately entrance with entry into the most beautiful vestibule in Amsterdam, covered with stained glass details and beautiful architraves. Next to the vestibule there is an extra room that can be used perfectly as a wardrobe. Here is still an original small fireplace, of which the cabinet still has the original glass. The very spacious central reception hall has a classic landing staircase that circles to all floors. This spacious staircase is illuminated by the stained glass windows on the side. There is an opportunity to create an elevator. From the hall there is access to the closed kitchen located at the rear. This offers access through a door to the spacious backyard located on the east with an area of 112 m2. Next to the kitchen is the very spacious living room with original ensuite. A conservatory roof has been made on the garden side so that there is a lot of light in the living room. In addition to the two beautiful fireplaces, this living room has a depth of no less than 15 meters with a stylish ensuite in the middle with fitted wardrobes and finished with beautiful architraves.
Spacious landing, access to the living room at the front with a fireplace with marble mantelpiece and a kitchen with various amenities. The adjacent spacious room is currently used as a bedroom and has a loft bed. The second bedroom is located at the rear and has double doors to the balcony. From this bedroom there is access to the neat bathroom with a bath, shower, double sink and a toilet. The entire floor has an impressive ceiling height of 365 cm.
This entire floor is devided as a private living unit. After another very spacious hallway, there is access to the living room with fireplace and open kitchen with central block. The first spacious bedroom at the front can be reached through French doors. A second bedroom is located next to it. At the rear are two bathrooms, the large bathroom is accessible from the living room and is equipped with a bath, toilet and sink. The small bathroom is accessible from the hall and has a toilet, sink and shower. This floor also has a balcony with double patio doors. This floor also has a comfortable ceiling height of 321 cm high.
This entire floor is arranged as two residential units. Entrance to the hall, access to the living room and semi-open kitchen with appliances. From the kitchen there is an open connection to the bedroom at the front. The spacious bathroom is located at the rear and has a toilet, bath with shower, sink and a washing machine connection.
A studio has been realized at the front with a small pantry and a private bathroom with shower, toilet and sink and a skylight.
By a fixed staircase from this floor you can reach the roof terrace, which has a size of 36 m2 and offers a spectacular view over Amsterdam and the view of the Rijksmuseum in particular makes this view particularly pleasant and unique. This roof terrace has been modernized to current requirements.
- This beautiful house is in an original state of maintenance and must be modernized by the buyer according to current housing requirements. This is a unique opportunity to transform an entire house into a completely renovated and spectacular home, while still using various original details.
- Beautiful wide and deep backyard of approximately 112 m2 located on the east.
- In addition to the spacious garden, there is also a lovely roof terrace with a spectacular view over the Rijksmuseum, the fountain of the Museumplein and the rest of Amsterdam South.
- In accordance with the NEN2580 measurement, the total living area is 484 m2 including basement of 49 m2.
- Located on leasehold land. AB2000. Current ground rent is € 13,095 / yr. Annual indexation.
- Request to transfer perpetual leasehold has been made on time. The buyer therefore has the option to buy off the leasehold or to click the ground rent on favorable terms.
- Possibilities for installing a lift.
- Possibility to realize an extension at the rear and to create a large basement.
- Sales "as is, where is".
- Subject to the seller's award, an old-age clause and asbestos clause will be included in the purchase agreement.
Delivery in consultation.
Read full description