Elegant, well-maintained 3-room apartment with sunny balcony and a wealth of traditional architectural details, including original panelled doors, high decorative plaster ceilings, and black marble mantels.
Situated on the raised ground floor of a classic 19th century building, this sensational home has been meticulously renovated and is in move-in condition.
The location on the beautiful, leafy Koningin Emmakade is ideal – just a short walk from the many shops, restaurants and outdoor cafes in the nearby Reinkenstraat and Frederik Hendriklaan, and mere minutes away by bike from both the city centre and seaside.
Exterior stone steps lead to the entry, which opens to a vestibule with anti-draught doors to the hallway (both with original mouldings and marble flooring) and a modern, wall-mounted WC with washbasin. Two large reception rooms are separated by original sliding doors framed by double built-in storage cupboards, each featuring oak herringbone parquet floors, fireplaces with black marble mantels, authentic ornate ceilings, and covered radiators. Original doors inset with glass lead from the dining area to the modern semi-open kitchen, featuring a 5-burner gas cooktop, extractor, combination microwave oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, and adjoining southwest-facing balcony.
Off the hallway is the bedroom, which has been cleverly designed with fitted wardrobes all around. The beautifully tiled bathroom has a walk-in shower, heated towel rail, stainless steel taps and fittings, a large vessel sink, and ample shelving.
Facts and figures:
- Interior space 90 m2 with measurement report
- Fully double glazed; synthetic frames at the rear and wooden frames at the
front with high-efficiency double glass
- Active Homeowners Association with a contribution of €150 per month and a
- 9 electrical circuits and 3 earth leakage switches
- Remeha central heating unit (2014) providing hot water and heating
- Energy Efficiency Rating D
- Built in 1896
- Given the age of the property, older construction and materials disclaimers will
be included in the NVM purchase agreement
- Exterior protected by the city’s historic preservation regulations in Duinoord
- Available in mutual consultation
Read full description