*This property is listed by an MVA Certified Expat Broker*
Generous canal apartment with everything on one floor, approx. 102m2 with 2 bedrooms is located in an industrial, solid building, on a lovely, quiet canal in the Jordaan. Because of its open layout, the original wooden beams, corner position and large measurements (approx. 14 meters deep x partly 8.5 meters wide) this property gives you the look and feel of a loft. The apartment is unfurnished, furnishing with other furniture as in the photos is negotiable.
This property is part of a former printing house/warehouse, which in 2000 was thoroughly renovated and redeveloped into 24 properties, offices and parking places. The Loyersburgt was also provided with a new foundation.
The apartment is situated on a quiet side canal of the Prinsengracht, without through traffic, near the well-known Elandsgracht. A cozy neighborhood on the edge of the Jordaan, between the 9 streets, the Elandsgracht and the Leidsegracht. In the immediate vicinity are many nice shops, cafes and restaurants. But also various gyms, theatres and museums are within walking distance. The Vondelpark is a 10 minute walk away and there are public transport connections at the end of the street.
The wide and private front door gives access to the hallway with cloakroom. In the hallway is the door to the living room. Thanks to the corner position, the living room has 3 large, dual aspect windows; from the dining corner you’ve got great views of the canal.
This room is provided with characteristic, original wooden beams and has a half-open connection with the generous kitchen. The white kitchen features a hard stone counter top with plenty of working space, and various built-in appliances. There is enough space for a dining table.
Opposite the kitchen is the first good-sized bedroom (approx. 3.12 x 3.68m2) which is currently in use as a working room. Next to this room is the main bedroom of a similar size with built-in wardrobes.
The well-maintained bathroom is equipped with a double washbasin, walk-in shower, and a separate bathtub. Finally, there’s a separate toilet with additional storage room next to it.
Under the building is a practical storage room of more than 4 m2.
- Furnishing with other furniture as in the photos is negotiable;
- Total usable surface 102m2 in accordance with measuring certificate. Usable surface living 97.36 m2 excl 4.45m2
- Double glazing, wooden flooring etc;
- Outdoor area: previous owners had a little bench in front of their door, where you could sit in the sun by the canal;
- Non-smoking tenant preferred;
- No pets;
- Subject to approval by lessor;
- Two months' security deposit;
- Rental price of € 2,250.00 per month, not including utilities (gas, water, electricity, internet, television, telephone and
municipal levies and charges), including potential service charges;
- Available at short notice for a maximum period of 12 months.
Read full description