Exquisite four-storey townhouse, encompassing over 400m2 of interior space, with 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and a sunny garden with back entrance.
In 2017 the property was thoroughly renovated by a renowned interior architect whilst preserving the historic character and essential structures, and now offers a perfect mix of style, character, luxury, and comfort!
Situated in the heart of the desirable Archipel neighbourhood, this impressive family home is just steps from the many delightful shops, restaurants, and outdoor cafes in the charming Bankastraat. The Scheveningse bosjes woodland, with a huge playground, is within a few minutesí walk; the city centre, seaside, schools, and sports facilities are all just a short bike ride away. Buses and trams are practically on the doorstep, and major motorways are within easy reach.
Gorgeous double doors open to a vestibule with an anti-draught door to the central hall, where stairs descend to a standing-height dry cellar. There is a bedroom/study with built-in storage facing the front, and a room at the back with French doors to the garden. The modern bathroom on this level has a walk-in shower, vanity, WC, and laundry connections.
The first floor has a landing, modern guest lavatory, and a living room at the front, offering a fantastic view over a stately square. Classic sliding doors separate this area from the super-luxurious eat-in kitchen, featuring a central island and state-of-the-art equipment. An adjacent utility room is outfitted in the same contemporary style.
The second floor has a landing, modern WC, and the master suite - comprising a huge L-shaped bedroom with French doors to a balcony, a custom-crafted walk-in closet, and the luxurious modern bathroom with double walk-in shower, free-standing soaking tub, a vanity with twin vessel sinks, and a WC.
On the top level is a landing with beautiful skylight, 2 spacious bedrooms, each with a wall of fitted wardrobes, and a modern bathroom with walk-in shower, vanity, and WC. Off the landing is a storage area, which houses the central heating unit and boiler.
Facts, figures, and features:
- Designated monument status;
- Total interior renovation carried out in 2017 using high quality, sustainable materials;
- Many original details have been preserved, including panelled doors, ornamental ceilings, wainscoting, and decorative woodcarvings;
- Beautiful wooden flooring throughout;
- Ground floor very suitable for use as a home office;
- Dimensions, whilst taken in accordance with NVM measurement standards, are indicative;
- Older construction and materials disclaimers will be included in the NVM purchase agreement;
- Available in mutual consultation.
Read full description