Unique LOFT apartment in a former diamond cutting factory with a floor area of ca. 161 sqm, four bedrooms and ceiling heights of over 3 meters.
Private entrance from the third floor with a coat area. Hall on the fourth floor with a restroom and stunning swivel door to the spacious living room with an open-plan kitchen. The island kitchen is a focal point in the house, featuring a custom-made connecting dining table. Due to its nearly square dimensions, this space is easy to configure. With dual aspect windows, daylight streams into the space and there is a gorgeous view of the canal and the city.
Adjacent to the kitchen is the main bedroom with fitted wardrobes and access to the bathroom. The bathroom is equipped with a bathtub, vanity and built-in wardrobe.
On the opposite side are two identical bedrooms, one at the front and one at the rear. Both rooms have loft beds, with a bed and fitted closets underneath.
Adjacent to the entrance is a fourth bedroom/study.
The entire apartment features beautiful floorboards.
The apartment is situated in a former diamond steam cutting factory dating back to 1887, designed by architects W.C. and K. de Wit. The building was redeveloped into a residential building in the 1980s.
Situated on the edge of Plantage Quarter. A quiet and leafy residential neighborhood, characterized by water.
This stretch of Nieuwe Achtergracht is easily accessible both by car and public transportation. The metro stop is nearby and Wibautstraat offers an easy connection to the highway.
Within walking distance of a supermarket, restaurants, cafes and also Artis Zoo and Hortus Botanicus.
• Freehold property
• Ceiling heights of 3.13 meters
• Top floor
• Professionally managed HOA
• Long-term maintenance plan in effect
• Municipal monument and protected cityscape
• For more information about potential subsidies, please consult the website of Nationaal Monumenten Portaal and Restauratiefonds.
• The Measurement Code is based on NEN2580 standards. The Measurement Code is intended to ensure a more universal survey method for indicating total net internal area (usable floor area). The Measurement Code cannot fully preclude discrepancies between individual surveys, due to e.g. differences regarding interpretation, rounding and restrictions to conducting measurement surveys.
• This information was drafted with the utmost care. However, we are not liable for any unintended omission or inaccuracy, etcetera nor any consequences related thereto. All measurements and sizes are indicative only.
Now Video Viewing: Personal Tour via Skype or FaceTime by appointment.
Exclusive video tour with personal contact with the broker. Call our office for an appointment.
Of course we still offer regular viewings, in which we respect the WHO guideluines.
Read full description