For rent as of September 1st 2020:
Oosterhoutlaan 9 in Haarlem
6.000,- per month
STYLISH FAMILY MANSION LOCATED NEAR THE HAARLEMMERHOUT
CLOSE TO AMSTERDAM AND SCHIPHOL AIRPORT
This unique and impressive mansion is located in the southern part of Haarlem, bordering the Haarlemmerhout woods and near the Spaarne river. This exclusive and green neighbourhood is renowned for its tranquillity despite its central location: it is within cycling distance from the historic centre of Haarlem, the cosy town of Heemstede, various schools and the beach. Amsterdam and Schiphol are only 20 minutes away by car.
The famous Dutch architect Van Loghem, who was inspired by traditional Dutch and English country houses, designed the house in 1910. Not only the architecture is unique, but also the living spaces and the interior are special. The Arts & Crafts style that inspired Van Loghem, is reflected in the spectacular interior with wooden panelling, fine wooden details, period black-and-white tiling, parquet floors, stained-glass windows and cosy corners.
The current owner renovated the house completely and combined the antique elements with modern design for the highest level of comfort and maintenance. The kitchen is fully equipped. The modern bathrooms have walk-in rain showers and baths. On top of that, the house was extended in 2007 with a large glass garden room which brings in lots of light. This extension is multifunctional: it can be used as a dining room or a study or as a second living room or television room. From the extension there is a fantastic view out to the green and beautifully designed garden which, with a waterfall and a pond, offers a lot of privacy and tranquillity.
On the ground floor, in addition to the extension, there are 3 living spaces (dining room, study and living room) and a good kitchen with a kitchen island. On the other floors there are 7 bedrooms and 2 modern bathrooms. The master bedroom on the first floor has an adjacent dressing room. The front garden faces west and offers a lot of sun, privacy and several terraces. The beautifully designed back garden has a bicycle shed, borders the surrounding woods behind the house directly and is the perfect spot for evening sun, outside dinner and playing children (including a trampoline).
The location is of a very high standard. The house has the unique quality that it is situated in a quiet and very green neighbourhood, but is also close to the centre of Haarlem and the town of Heemstede which both offer luxury shops, several schools (including the International School in Haarlem) and many sports facilities. The house is a fantastic family home: it offers lots of space and comfort within a child-friendly environment. The dunes and beaches are at cycling distance, as well as the train stations of both Heemstede-Aerdenhout and Haarlem with direct connections to the centre of Amsterdam, The Hague and Rotterdam.
Ground floor: entrance, hall with black and white chequered tiling, an impressive wooden staircase, a spacious living room with a fire place, a stylish dining room with fire place and wooden panelling, a study/hobby room, fully equipped modern kitchen with a kitchen island and an AGA, a large garden room/extension with garden and surrounding forest views, a toilet.
Impressive wooden staircase with stained glass windows to:
First floor: landing, master bedroom with front-facing large balcony, adjacent walk-in dressing room, second bedroom facing the front with a large balcony, third bedroom facing the back with a view of the forest, a modern bathroom with a walk-in rain shower, double washbasins, bath and toilet.
Wooden staircase to:
Second floor: spacious landing/hallway with a TV-sitting/lounge area and a huge library wall, 3 comfortable and spacious bedrooms facing the front, 1 bedroom facing the back with a view of the woods, a modern bathroom with a walk-in rain shower, a washbasin, bath and toilet, and a separate laundry room with a washing machine and dryer.
Below the house there is a large (wine)cellar and the third floor of the house is an enormous attic.
- Living area: ca. 376 m2
- Plot are: 547 m2
- Perfect luxurious family home with 4 living/study rooms, a modern kitchen, 7 bedrooms and 2 modern bathrooms
- Designed by the famous Dutch architect Van Loghem in 1910
- Beautifully decorated with traditional wooden panelling, a wooden staircase with stained-glass windows, traditional tiling and two fireplaces
- Adding to these antique elements, a lot of modern design elements providing space and comfort
- Unique glass extension built in 2007, providing an extra living area with lots of light and views of the garden and surrounding woods
- Beautifully designed backyard with a waterfall, pond, bicycle shed and back entrance to the surrounding woods with a trampoline for children
- Front garden facing west with a lot of sun and several terraces
- Green and quiet neighbourhood, centrally situated close to shops, schools, sport facilities, public transport and the beach
- International school Haarlem at cycling distance
- Free parking in the street (no licence necessary)
- A 20 minute drive to Amsterdam and Schiphol Airport, close by to The Hague by train/car
- The house is rented out fully furnished and upholstered
- Rental period: minimum 6 months, maximum 2 years
- The rent is 6.000 per month including garden maintenance (4 times per year), excluding costs for electricity, water and gas and excluding TV/internet subscriptio
Deze informatie is door ons met de nodige zorgvuldigheid samengesteld. Onzerzijds wordt echter geen enkele aansprakelijkheid aanvaard voor enige onvolledigheid, onjuistheid of anderszins, dan wel de gevolgen daarvan. Alle opgegeven maten en oppervlakten zijn indicatief.
Read full description