This practically arranged, light, two-room apartment measuring 43 m² has a balcony and a private storeroom. It is in a well-maintained building in one of the prettiest streets (officially appointed since 1998) in the district of Amsterdam Zuid. You can reach the building via various ‘gateways’ that enclose the quiet, leafy Sportstraat between Marathonweg and Olympiakade. All of the buildings in this neighbourhood are built in the Amsterdam School style and feature sculpted embellishments and characteristic elements.
The apartment is in a quiet, leafy part of this superb Amsterdam Zuid location, close to arterial roads, public transport, the Zuidas, Vondelpark, shops and hospitality.
The communal entrance on the ground floor takes you to a nicely renovated, well-insulated apartment on the first floor. The private front door opens into a hall, with a spacious, smart bathroom on the left, featuring a toilet, vanity unit, rain shower and connections for a washing machine. The attractive living room with built-in, floor-to-ceiling bookshelves is at the front of the property. The sizeable adjoining kitchen/dining room has a sleek, practical customised cupboard and fitted appliances (including a dishwasher, tall fridge and freezer, 4-ring gas stove, Etna oven). A door leads onto the balcony which spans the entire width of the apartment. The sun reaches the balcony at about 15.30. At the rear of the apartment, there is a good-sized bedroom with a fitted wardrobe. This bedroom has air-conditioning and also provides access to the balcony. Finally, there is a practical private storeroom on the top floor. All in all, a complete, well-arranged apartment in the best part of Amsterdam Zuid.
The apartment is in an ideal location in the much sought-after Oud-Zuid neighbourhood. The Olympic stadium, Vondelpark and the Amsterdamse bos are close by for sport, and there are plenty of options for relaxing in a bar or restaurant just around the corner: Café Kiebêrt, Marathonweg, Bar Bonnie, Bar Baut, SLA, or Ron Gastrobar owned by the famous Dutch chef Ron Blaauw. Grocery shops are within walking distances on Stadionplein square (the Vlaamsch Broodhuys bakery, Albert Heijn supermarket, a fish monger and the Saturday market) or Olympiaplein square (MARQT and delicatessens such as L’Amuse and Le Fournille). If you can’t be bothered to cook, try an Indonesian takeaway from Toko Kok Kita (Amstelveenseweg). Or if you prefer Italian, order a Napolitan pizza from Sotto followed by an Italian ice-cream from Massimo Gelato for the perfect evening.
The centre of Amsterdam and Museumplein square are within cycling distance. The tram stops close by and takes you anywhere you want in the city. If you are travelling by car, the A10 ring road is a few minutes’ drive away. Unique in Amsterdam: you can even park outside your door.
- The apartment is light, well-arranged and functional
- In a quiet street and neighbourhood, with amenities just around the corner
- Just a short drive from the A10 ring road; convenient for public transport
- 43 m² of living space, in accordance with NEN 2580 measuring report
- The apartment was fully renovated in 2011
- Balcony spanning the entire width (7 m²)
- Storeroom (4.8 m²) with fitted cupboards on the top floor
- Ground rent is paid off until 31 December 2056
- Information regarding transferring the lease: the purchaser must make a decision by 19 July 2021
- The service charges are currently €81 per month
- Active homeowners’ association (VvE), long-term maintenance plan available
- Date of transfer subject to agreement
Read full description