We kindly ask you to submit requests for viewings online through our website, Funda or by e-mail. These requests are the first to be processed.
Modernized house in a small court named “Artiestenhofje” in the popular Zeeheldenkwartier. This very atmospheric house has a cosy front and back garden, an open eat-in kitchen, a spacious living room and three bedrooms on the first and second floor.
Situated on a quiet but very convenient location. In a matter of minutes the city center of The Hague can be reached and the house is at walking distance from the nice shops and restaurants at Anna Paulownaplein. The shops in Piet Heinstraat are around the corner and the beach of Scheveningen is only a few cycling-minutes away.
This small court (Artiestenhofje), also named Trompstraathofje, was built around 1875 by King William the 3rd. Although it was meant for the staff of the Royal Stables, in the 30-ies and 40-ies it was mostly inhabited by artists. It was completely renovated in 1952.
From the street you reach the court through a wide gate, between house numbers 168 en 200. The fairly deep front garden ensures privacy and gives access to the house, with the hallway with meter cupboard and stairs to the first floor. On the ground floor you will find the eat-in kitchen at the front with a partly granite and partly wooden work top and a 5-burner stainless steel gas cooker and hood. The living room is located at the back, with atmospheric open fire place, built-in closet and French doors to the back garden. The garden faces southeast and has a wooden shed. There is a tiled floor with floor heating on this level.
On the first floor you will find the master bedroom at the back. The second bedroom is located at the front and in between are the bathroom and separate toilet with hand basin. The bathroom is finished in beautiful grey shades and has a walk-in shower, bathtub and wash basin.
The second floor has a spacious attic room with handy washbasin. Although this room has become very well usable because of the large dormer window, the surface is officially not part of the living space because the height is just below the required two meters. Because of that, this floor falls under the so called additional inside space.
- Year of construction: 1875.
- Protected cityscape.
- Energy label C.
- Wooden window frames with double glazing; paintwork done in 2020.
- Electricity: 8 circuits and 2 earth leakage switches.
- Central heating and hot water through Nefit Smartline boiler from 2020; floor heating present on the ground floor.
- There is an association of owners (voluntary), contribution € 120,- per year, for main lighting, cleaning of drains, the planned renewal of the sewage in the court and organizing of a barbecue.
- The living space is app. 70 m2 and the additional inside space (2nd floor) app. 13 m2. The volume is app. 280 m3.
- See floor plans for layout and measurements.
- Conditions for sale Janson Makelaardij applicable.
- Delivery: negotiable.
Interested? Consider hiring your own NVM estate agent. Your NVM estate agent acts on your behalf and saves you time, money and trouble. Details of NVM estate agents can be found on Funda.
Read full description