Very spacious, double upstairs apartment in the district of Amsterdam Zuid measuring 179 m², with a private entrance on the ground floor, two bathrooms, four bedrooms (with the option of creating a fifth), a rooftop terrace and an exceptionally high loft space which could be converted into extra living space (approx. 42m²).
The corner position (north/west) of this family residence provides a wealth of daylight and fabulous views. The apartment was fully renovated in 2013.
Private front door and staircase lead up from the ground floor, with room to park a (racing) bike or pram, for example. Storage space halfway up the stairs. Sizeable landing with cloakroom on the third floor. The front door at the top of the stairs leads into a spacious central hall. Bedroom/office, bathroom with walk-in shower, separate toilet, laundry room. Large living room with lots of windows (including a bay window), well-equipped open-plan kitchen with a cooking island and plenty of storage space. The ample daylight from two sides, and the lovely high ceilings, create a feeling of space throughout. Smart wooden flooring adds to the allure.
Indoor stairs lead to a huge landing on the fourth floor with lots of storage space. This could be converted to make an extra room/bedroom. Direct access to the peaceful, south-facing rooftop terrace at the rear of the property. Large bathroom with a bath, shower, double washbasins and a toilet. Two good-sized bedrooms with doors opening onto two small balconies. Smaller bedroom (currently a child’s bedroom) and stairs leading to the enormous loft area with huge potential. Ask the estate agent for details!
Corner of Churchilllaan/Waalstraat.
A child-friendly neighbourhood with a wide choice of playgrounds, playing fields and schools. If you fancy a drink while lying in the sun on the grass, the cosy Merwedeplein square is just around the corner. Maasstraat (also round the corner) is buzzing with great shops, bars and cafés. The popular restaurants in the De Pijp neighbourhood, as well as the Albert Cuyp market, Ferdinand Bolstraat, Scheldestraat and Rijnstraat, are all within easy reach. Alternatively, walk to Beatrixpark or Sarphatipark for some peace and quiet.
The apartment is very convenient for public transport and close to several arterial roads. You can reach the A10 ring road and A1/A2/A9 motorways in a few minutes by car. Waalstraat is also within easy reach by public transport (various tram and bus routes, Amstel or RAI mainline stations and Europaplein station on the North/South metro line).
- The 179 m² of floor space in this upstairs apartment can easily be converted into 221 m² of floor space
- Private front door and staircase leading from the ground floor, with space to park a bike or pram
- Spacious layout and design
- Corner position/stunning daylight
- Rooftop terrace
- Two bathrooms
- Four bedrooms (and the possibility of creating a fifth)
- Large, high loft area (42m²)
- Continuous ground lease, bought off under General Provisions (AB1994) until the end of the time period 28-2-2055
- Application for transfer to perpetual ground lease under favourable conditions made on 17-8-2019
- Monthly contribution to homeowners’ association (VvE) of €260.12
- Transfer subject to agreement
Read full description