Beautiful and completely renovated high-end apartment on OWN ground of 98m2 located in the monumental warehouse "De Paerl"
from 1662 with unobstructed views over the water. The wooden beams and the beautiful curved windows give the house a unique character. The high ceilings of 2.90 meters and the beautiful open kitchen complete the picture. There is an elevator.
The house is located at the quiet rear of this former brewery, directly on the canal, where there is a possibility to moor a boat. Furthermore, a large bedroom (possibility for 2), a modern bathroom and a large storage room with adjacent laundry room. This storage room is currently used as a guest room with a bunk bed.
Interested? Call us for an appointment.
- Completely renovated with luxury materials, elevator available;
- Complex was renovated and restored in 1986 and very well maintained since then;
- Own ground;
- National monument;
- Ceiling height of 2.90;
- Living area 98m2, measurement report available;
- Private jetty: you can moor your own boat;
- Very well insulated: ceiling, floor, walls, facade and double glazing everywhere;
- New construction floor surmounted by a natural concrete floor with underfloor heating;
- Own external (bicycle) storage room of 4 m² on the ground floor;
- Currently 1 bedroom, but a second one is easy to realize;
- The house layout can easily be changed, no load-bearing walls are present;
- Active and professionally managed VvE, service costs € 300 p/m. You can reclaim part of this annually through grants;
- Low heating costs. Due to the thick outer walls and the good insulation, it remains cool in the summer and you heat little in the winter;
- Latest generation quality heater (CW6) with extra hot water capacity;
- Possibility to place a fireplace and a bathtub;
- Parking with permit, € 175 per 6 months;
- Delivery in consultation.
Well-maintained communal hall with elevator and staircase. Entrance on the second floor at the back of the building, where you have a wonderful view of the Kattenburgervaart. No cars in front of the door, you only see trees, water and boats.
Spacious and bright living room due to the many windows and double doors with French balcony. All windows are fitted with custom-made screens. The second floor of the building has a ceiling height of no less than 2.90 meters, the highest in the entire building! There is a natural concrete floor with underfloor heating throughout the apartment. The open design kitchen (from the Italian top brand Arclinea) with island is custom-made and beautifully built around the wooden beams. It has a stainless steel top and is equipped with all conceivable top-quality built-in appliances, including a wine climate refrigerator.
The tasteful bathroom has a double walk-in shower with Dornbracht taps and Easy Drain shower drain. The heated and illuminated mirror gives this room extra atmosphere. All preparations for installing a bath have already been made, a rain shower is also possible. The bathroom can easily be separated from the bedroom(s), if necessary. Furthermore, a separate toilet.
The beautifully modernized warehouse is surrounded by water and located in the quiet eastern part of the Centrum district near the IJ, Het Scheepvaartmuseum and the bustling Marineterrein. From 2019, the boulevard of which the Wittenburgergracht is part has been completely renovated and made completely bicycle/pedestrian friendly. The apartment is within walking distance of Artis and the Plantagebuurt and there are many nice cafes/restaurants in the area such as the Plantage, Amsterdam Brewboys, Brouwerij 't IJ and the Nordic cuisine of Coulisse. Around the corner is a supermarket and various nice shops around the Kadijksplein and Czaar Peterstraat.
In no time you can bike or walk to the heart of the city center and by car you can quickly reach the A10 ring road via the IJ tunnel or the Piet Hein tunnel. There is ample parking in front of the door. The property is easily accessible by public transport and the Central Station is within walking/cycling distance.
It doesn't get more like Amsterdam! A hypermodern home combined with authentic elements in a historic Amsterdam location.
Read full description