Beautiful and bright city home in a lovely, tranquil location in the city's historic Centrum borough. Situated on the ground floor, second, third, fourth, fifth and attic floor of a listed national heritage building (Rijksmonument).
The property includes two bedrooms with private bathrooms and a sunny terrace.
The building was thoroughly renovated in 1994, including a new foundation.
Private street entrance with a work area for e.g. bicycles and further storage. The work area includes the fittings for the laundry station.
Second floor; spacious bedroom with a private bathroom with a shower, toilet and sink.
Third floor; inviting kitchen/lounge with beamed ceilings and a modern kitchen that was fitted in 2020. The space can easily accommodate a large dining table.
Fourth floor; bright living room with large windows and a beamed ceiling. Off the landing is a laundry room/ restroom with the fittings for the laundry station, toilet, central heating unit and a sink.
Fifth floor; master bedroom with ample room for wardrobes. The bathroom is equipped with a shower, sink and toilet. Connecting to a south-facing roof deck/balcony.
There is a loft space with ample storage space under the roof ridge.
The apartment is at the heart of the historic inner city, in the Zandstraat, a quiet street next to Kloveniersburgwal canal, which was dug at end of the fifteenth century.
This part of the city center combines all the amenities of the big city with quiet small-town charm. Close to all facilities, from cozy local pubs to Michelin-star restaurants, luxury hotels, schools, cinemas, theaters, the National Opera and Ballet, museums, stunning monuments to artisanal shops, boutiques and upscale department stores.
Good connectivity. Central Station, several metro stations and tram stops are all within walking distance, and Wibautstraat, IJ-tunnel or Piet Heintunnel offer easy and quick access to the A10 beltway. A parking permit allows for free parking in the several nearby parking garages under Stopera and Centrum 1 & 3.
• Usable residential floor area ca. 114 sqm
• Situated on ground lease land, owned by the Municipality of Amsterdam. GT&C 1994, ground lease prepaid until 15-04-2044
• South-facing roof deck/balcony
• Two bedroom floors, each with a private bathroom
• Suitable for couples working from home of house sharers
• Option to create third bedroom on the 4th floor
• Large loft with ample storage space
• Elegant kitchen from 2020, with marble counter top and Quooker
• Private entrance off the street
• The foundation was renewed and the building renovated in 1994
• Small-scale HOA with three members
• Gorgeous beamed ceilings
• Listed national heritage building (Rijksmonument)
• The building was completely renovated, including a new foundation, in 2007.
• For more information about potential subsidies, please consult the website of Nationaal Monumenten Portaal, Restauratiefonds and Rijksdienst voor het Cultureel Erfgoed.
• This information was drafted with the utmost care. However, we are not liable for any unintended omission or inaccuracy, etcetera nor any consequences related thereto. All measurements and sizes are indicative only.
• The Measurement Code is based on NEN2580 standards. The Measurement Code is intended to ensure a more universal survey method for indicating total net internal area (usable floor area). The Measurement Code cannot fully preclude discrepancies between individual surveys, due to e.g. differences regarding interpretation, rounding and restrictions to conducting measurement surveys.
Read full description